May 21st, 2019 9:50 AM by Alan Martin
Selling your house can be an exciting time. Some people find it intimidating, but others decide they want to do it themselves. Sometimes sellers think they want to do a FSBO - For Sale by Owner. This is usually because they think they'll save money by not having to pay an agent's commission fee.
In all reality, selling your own home is a more difficult task than most people may believe.
Here are five reasons why using a real estate agent is a good idea:
1. Listing at the smartest price - Deciding what price to list your house at can make a huge difference in your time on market. A real estate agent like me will have an intricate understanding of the local market. We also have access to all kinds of market data and statistics that aren't available to the general public. This helps us make sure you list your house at a price that ensures a quick sale while still getting a great price.
2. Better marketing and more exposure - Agents like me have many ways to get your listing the most exposure possible. From the MLS, to my website, open houses, listing portals, social media, my list of existing contacts, other agents with buyer clients, etc. Rest assured, I will get lots of eyes on your listing. More potential buyers seeing your listing means a faster sale and better offers.
3. Better showings - Showing homes is something I do a lot. A well-executed open house or single showing can definitely improve the chances of a buyer making an offer. Staging, lighting, highlighting the most important features and updates, answering difficult questions - these are all things I feel totally comfortable handling.
4. Get more offers - Everything I've mentioned so far are important aspects of getting more offers from buyers. And more offers usually means a higher sale price. I know how to handle multiple offer scenarios, and I have the negotiation experience necessary for making it all as smooth as possible.
5. Reduce your time on market - As I've mentioned already, there are tons of factors in how long it takes for your home to sell. Nobody wants to sit around waiting forever while their house just sits on the market. This is especially important if you're buying another home and it's either contingent on the sale of your current house, or you'd like to avoid making double mortgage payments.
All things considered, the chance of saving anything on commission fees isn't worth the potential risks of getting a lower sale price, sitting on the market forever, or not making a sale at all.
I'd love to help you navigate the Greater Orlando market and sell your home as quickly as we can for the highest price possible. If you have any questions, or you'd like to discuss working together, make sure you call me at (407) 832-4888 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get a free home valuation!